In honor of Earth Day, we’re taking a look at the seven sustainability objectives of Greenbuild: goals for improving the performance of the show. We believe these objectives address the most relevant event impacts of both Greenbuild and the meetings and events industry.
1. Move Toward a Zero Waste Event
2. Increase Stakeholder Education and Engagement
3. Improve Sustainable Sourcing
4. Improve Performance Tracking
5. Reduce Greenhouse Gas Emissions
6. Positively Impact Communities
7. Catalyze the Advancement of Green Building Initiatives and Sustainable Operations within the Hospitality Industry
In the lead-up to Greenbuild, in whatever city we’re in, we work with the venue and local partners/vendors to ensure the event is as sustainable as possible and meets these objectives. Sustainability is the foundation of Greenbuild. It’s is the only event genuinely dedicated to sustainability in the built environment, from the sessions we present to the products on the show floor to the way the event is produced.
It’s our hope that at the conclusion of Greenbuild, that these practices continue, so that others may benefit.
Each of these objectives corresponds to an action from Greenbuild/ABX 2017. Read more about them in our Sustainability Report.
Read more in our Twitter moment: